Here’s the answers to the clues yesterday.
- It was the Hawker-Siddeley Harrier ‘jump jet’ that entered service with the RAF this year.
- Stepping down as the President of France in this year was Charles de Gaulle. Vive la France!
- These were anti-war protests against American involvement in Vietnam.
- The Beatles album released this year was ‘Abbey Road’. It was their last recorded together.
- It was, of course, the revolutionary and beautiful Concorde.
- On this year, the first communications between locations around the US were sent through ARPANET, the predecessor of the internet.
- The incomparable Pelé scored his 1000th goal this year.
- The 37th president of the USA was Richard Milhous Nixon.
- It was the Boeing 747 ‘Jumbo-Jet’ that entered commercial service this year; here being launched by the First Lady of the time, Patricia Nixon.
- Neil Armstrong was the first man on the moon this year.
The decade was the 1960s and the year in which these events occurred?
In the next few days we’ll be exploring the two significant events in aviation; the first flight of the Anglo-French Concorde and the first commercial flight of the Boeing 747.
Mentour Pilot would like to send you his weekly favourite news post with commentary!
If you'd like to get the most interesting aviation news straight to your inbox, with details on how you can talk directly with Mentour Pilot, just fill in your email below