Mentour Forum

Go around procedure  

RSS

Dan M
(@danmel)
02/08/2019 2:52 am  

Was listening to ATC for ATL on stormy night (and monitoring Flightradar24)  737 called go around at about 1500 ft.  ATC acknowledges and says runway heading up to 4000.  737 replies they need right and then proceeds to immediately turn 180 heading from 90.  ATC shortly asks if they were given a turn.  I missed the reply....   regardless what is the proper procedure here on making a turn.  ATL can land up to 3 parallel runways at once although I didn't see them landing the south most runway at the time. They were landing “middle”.   Disclaimer:   This is the best as I can recall of the ATC calls.  

This topic was modified 3 months ago by Dan M

Dan M
(@danmel)
02/08/2019 3:11 am  

I found the ATC calls that I missed.  It was a little confusing. It sounded like they were issued a turn and then ATC asked if they turned on own to which they replied they had lightning in front of them and did so in interest of safety and would file emergency report if requested. I didn’t hear any reply from ATC.   If anyone interested it was KATL at 8/2. 1:00-1:30 Runway 9R via LiveATC.net audio archive.  Starts around 25:00 mark

ReplyQuote
Share:

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FLIGHT SCHOOL FUNDING?

Thank you for registering your interest in learning more about Flight School Funding. We'll be in touch soon!

Please Login or Register